Thursday, June 16, 2011

Easter 2011
































The day before Easter this year, we wanted to take the girls to some of the fun activities they have at Thanksgiving Point. It's super close and we have a membership, so we either get in free or get a discount. They had an Easter egg hunt the day before Easter, so Kim and Dan and Matt and I decided to take the little girls to it. Little did we know that the line was a mile long(at least I thought so) and the wait to get in was forever. Plus, we heard people saying there weren't any eggs left to find. So plan b, we took them to the animal farm, walked around, bought a bunch of candy and hid it ourselves.........not as good, but do kids really care where they get there candy from?!?! No way!!!

After that we went for a quick lunch, and then to my mom's to decorate eggs for the family egg hunt the next day. I love these little traditions we have to get together and do these things! I know that Addy and Emerie will have these memories forever! My mom is always so thoughtful and generous and gave everyone an Easter basket filled with goodies and gifts! She always makes us all feel special! Hopefully one day, I will be able to do the same for my grand kids and kids!

Matt and I tried to explain to the girls about the true meaning of easter and why we actually celebrate it. Saying that it's a day to celebrate Jesus and His love and sacrifice for us. And it was the same as Christmas.....maybe next year:)

No comments: