Tuesday, May 5, 2009

POTTY!!!!


So we when we went to the Dr. for the girls 18 month checkup, she told us to get potty chairs to get the girls familiar with them. When I brought them home the girls screamed and laughed in pure delight and sat on them and then cried and cried when I put them away.
Tonight we were getting the girls in the bath and Addy sat down on her potty and went! Yay! We clapped and laughed and hugged her and she just sort of looked at us like we were crazy, until, I told her that she got a cookie(a girl after my own heart)
I'm sure it was just a fluke, but parents get over excited about their child's achievements! Hurray for potty day!

5 comments:

Amanda, Jared, Camden and Jack said...

YAY!! Good job Addy! Even if it was a fluke at least she knows what its for. Thats awesome!! I can't wait to be done with diapers!

Becky said...

Wahoo!! That is sooooo great. Perhaps I should buy a neat little potty like that...

Becky said...

You know, I think I'll just start giving myself a cookie every time I go potty.

The Briggs said...

I agree! In fact, I think I will start drinking jugs of water so that I got potty 87 times a day!!!

The Eerkes' said...

Yeah for Addy and potty! She's so yummy. Wouldn't that be nice to have them potty-trained by age 2?? Yes!!